Tuesday, January 1, 2013

First Tracks at the Wissahickon Ski Club

After getting a late start to the season last weekend in Vermont, this past weekend I was able to log two more days at the Wissahickon Ski Club, a small private 400 vertical mountain outside Philadelphia, PA. It was the first time I was able to get in some runs there since the 2010-2011 winter due to the awfully mild winter we had last year. Needless to say I was more than ecstatic to finally get back on 'the hill'. Didn't want to wait for the lift to get running so I hiked it a few times to get those first tracks. A fresh 4 inches skied shockingly well over the soft and rock laden with rocks. Thank god for rock skis! Here's a quick edit.


Looking ahead, next weekend I'll be shredding Whiteface Mountain, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment